Dear Champion Families and Students, March 20th, 2020
I am writing to give you a transparent update on how COVID-19 will affect our school community moving forward. Although the situation seems to change everyday, our administration and district team have set some parameters on what to expect in the coming weeks.
As you are aware, we were initially closed until March 30th due to a state mandate from Governor Doug Ducey and Superintendent of Education Kathy Hoffman. Just tonight, the Governor mandated all schools across Arizona be closed until April 10th.
Although our doors will be closed for students, we will be transitioning to online and at-home learning. We, at Champion, want to ensure that your students are provided with materials and resources so that they can continue their instruction at home. We know this is a transition period and it will be an adjustment for everyone — but our goal is to do our absolute best to continue learning for our students while they are safe at home.
Starting next week, our teachers and coaches will be working to gather materials, resources and assign classwork for lessons beginning as soon as March 25th and will be fully implementing at- home-learning beginning March 30th. It is not mandatory that every student have access to the internet, and alternate paper- based material will be provided if they are unable to connect.
We advise that you stay connected to your child’s teacher via Class Dojo and if you haven’t already connected, please reach out to your child’s teacher for guidance.
Here are our goals for the transition to at-home learning :
- Teachers will be planning for at-home instruction from 8am -12pm Monday-Friday. This will be a mixture of online and paper-based instruction.
- Learning will be project based, with emphasis on reading and revision of material previously taught.
- Arrangements for materials to be dropped off at neighborhood bus stop locations
- for families who do not have ability to pick up from school.
- FREE Meal service available to community members under the age of 18 available for pick up 8-9am Mon- Fri. ( email email@example.com for meal request numbers)
- Mini at-home workout videos for students and families to try!
- Open, fluid communication with families as the situation progresses.
- Resources, both online and paper-based shared weekly with parents. Please keep in mind that this situation is constantly changing and we will do everything we can to make sure you’re up to date. I want to extend my best wishes during this uncertain time. Please reach out if you have any questions at all,
Stay healthy and safe,
The following are the list of contact emails for our staff:
- Principal- Mrs. Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Director Mrs. Archie- email@example.com
- Athletic Director Coach Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Manager -S. Muncy email@example.com
- Bus transportation/front office C.Haven- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutritionist -A. Schmeling email@example.com
- Title-1 Reading Interventionist Ms. Corrigan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math interventionist – Mr. Roncal email@example.com
- Social Worker – Ms. Spearman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preschool – Hacegaba email@example.com
- Kindergarten- Sharketti firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindergarten- Banks email@example.com
- 1st grade- Harry firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st grade- Westmoreland email@example.com
- 2nd grade- Busby firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd grade- Blueeyes email@example.com
- 3rd grade – Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd grade- Clark email@example.com
- 4th grade- Boen firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4th grade – Stewart email@example.com
- 5th grade- Gibby firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5th grade- Gonzales email@example.com
- 6th grade – Walker firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade- Rasmussen email@example.com
- 7th grade – Faust firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th grade – Olivaz email@example.com
- 8th grade – Emmons firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletic Coach -Kelly email@example.com
- Athletic Coach- Neeley firstname.lastname@example.org
Support staff – Special education
- SPED director -Sara Word email@example.com
- Resource room – Danson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resource room – Coetzer email@example.com
- SLPA – ( Speech) firstname.lastname@example.org