Superintendent Letter – June 8, 2020
Dear Champion Schools Families,
I hope this letter finds you and ALL of your loved ones safe and well. We are happy to hear Superintendent Kathy Hoffman and her Task Force are Providing Guidance for Arizona Schools to ReOpen and be able to serve the needs of ALL students for the upcoming School Year 2021.
Mobile Pantry Program: Food Boxes with Fresh Dairy, fruits and Vegetables are available to pick up at each of our Campuses, once per week through the end of June. Please see attached Flyer.
FREE Virtual Summer Camp Programs are being provided at each of our campuses. SM 21st Century Summer School begins Monday, June 8th. Contact the front office for more information.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021 begins on Monday, July 27th 2020.
We are busy making plans to REOPEN our doors, first to teachers and then to students. We are preparing to give students/families tremendous flexibility in how they attend school.
We have multiple safeguards in place at our campuses so that students can start the school year attending school in person. These include:
- Temperature Kiosks https://vimeo.com/419094775
- Foggers for cleaning classrooms, office, gyms, playground, picnic table using Non-toxic Virucide to eliminate viruses and bacteria from all surfaces, furniture and equipment including school buses before and after each route.
- Touchless Hand Sanitizer Stations throughout the buildings
- Stickers for Social Distancing
- Signage and Routines set for Handwashing, Drinking Fountains, other Shared Items
- Pedal Trash Cans in classrooms and throughout the School for Kleenex & Paper Towels and Sanitizing Wipes used on Tables and Chairs
- Extra Cleaning during the school day, additional Janitorial Staff
- Plastic Screens between Sinks in the Restroom, and in Lunch Lines
- Food Servers will be gloved and masked, and food served in covered containers
- Extra Cleaning for Laptops and Computers used by Teachers and Students.
Students who cannot attend school physically, for WHATEVER reason, will be able to participate from home fully using Go Guardian, and Google Meets. They will be able to view Live Streaming and Videos of Instruction
In addition to our health safeguards, we are excited to use these learning platforms that enable students to study from school or home, as needed. Here is a preview:
Champion Schools Classroom 2.0
Virtual Hybrid-Blended Learning Platform
Currently, under School Closures and the new recommendations provided by the Arizona Department of Education, we have been able to fully implement our educational program as needed using online resources that include the following:
Classroom Management Software: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTTexxNskI
GOOGLE SUITE: Teachers are trained in using best strategies for integrating Google into your Classroom: Google Classroom, Slides, Documents, Forms, Expeditions (VR), Jamboards, Meets, Sites, Sheets and provide device training for students and parents
WeVideo: Dynamic Mini-Lessons for State Standards as well as Read Alouds, Virtual Field Trips and Book Trailers are created and uploaded on instructional platforms.
Adobe Spark is provided for ALL students to create Virtual Assignments using templates that include dynamic classroom environments, students are encouraged to think creatively and explore their interests with the goal of achieving high academic standards.
Supplemental Software Programs include: Edulastic, Freckle, Reading A-Z, Khan Academy, No Red Ink, Eureka Math, Empower Math, Grammarly, DoJo, Mind Up, Prodigy, Virtual Intervention, Virtual Special Education Services, Virtual Speech & Language and Occupational Therapy.
Supplemental Educational Programs: We provide several supplemental educational programs that extend and strengthen a student’s academic abilities. These FREE services include:
- Full-time Reading and Math Interventionists,
- Reading Rocks, Math Counts
- Saturday School, Before and After School Tutoring.
Best Wishes and Take Care,
Ms. Sawyer MA